As well as offering organised tours following an itinerary, specialist guiding and research, following the footsteps of a relative, is also available on request.
To help with your WW1 visit we are offering a research service. This will be a fixed price for a pack of military information specific to your relative's military service, his site of action, memorial or grave. We will have this ready for your tour.
INCLUDED IN THE PACK....
- Detail of the soldier- this includes census and military details, born, enlisted, unit and movements. Actions he fought in, specific site of action, memorial or grave.
- Replica of his Memorial Scroll and pictures of unit emblems.
- A picture of him or his battalion if this exists.
- Copy of Medal Index Card giving details of the campaign medals awarded to the soldier. Other awards he may have won, e.g. Victoria Cross, Military Medal etc
- Copy of the original War Diary for the day the soldier died, explaining the actions written by the officer on or after the day of action.
- Colour trench maps (if possible) showing the battlefield where the action took place and the exact location he was wounded or died (Western Front only).
- Extract from the 'Official History' of the war giving details of what was happening on the day he died .
- Research presented in a quality folder with colour cover page showing regiment/unit badge.
To be able to start the research we would need his name, rank and number.
Ideal notice for research would be 4 weeks
Please bear in mind some records do not exist, you will be advised of this soon as possible if this is the case.
For further details on bespoke guiding and research packs please contact:
Dave Platt via email at email@example.com
by telephone on +44 (0)797 1453131.